Thursday, August 5, 2010

張五常教授撰寫的對Earl Thompson的悼詞

August 3, 2010

From Steven N.S. Cheung





The passing away of Earl Thompson is a great loss. He is brilliant and he is an original. My view is that the economics profession will never see his like again.



On April 3, 2009 I published a Chinese article commenting on Earl's views on the financial crises. I agreed with his views, leaped praise on the man as a true scholar, and described his character based on my early association with him. When that article was relayed to a number of internet stations, one shows a readership count of 88,390. Apparently Chinese students adore Earl based on my descriptions. Someone dug up his vita and put it on the internet, and from this I learned that Earl had been highly productive throughout the years.


My deep condolences go to Velma and family.

(2009.04.03)湯姆遜的金融災難分析

No comments: